Tuesday 7 January 2014

Day 7

January 7th. Not a big one today, just reporting on today's events... Luke and I made a big breakfast in OT, for lunch! I managed to do most of the prep myself, even cracking the eggs!!!! I was quite proud of myself, fluked it most of the time but got 99% of the egg in the bowl and only a couple tiny bits of shell! Luke helped to cook it all up and like a good wife-to-be I started the dishes!

I'm sure the only reason I'm practicing cooking is so we get a decent lunch. So far we've made burritos, spaghetti bolognase and steak and chips! I doubt I'll do much cooking once we are out of here... well if our lives are anything like before I never cooked! I'm lucky enough to have a man that loves cooking, is OCD with cleaning so I would always do it wrong if I attempted it, and the only thing he wouldn't do is put clothes in a washing machine! I doubt he'll let me get out of it now that ive started though!

In physio today I managed to slide my butt sideways across the plinth (the reasonably hard physio bed) just a tiny bit. It may only be a few millimetres but taking the weight through my arms and moving is the start of learning to transfer! I've talked about goals with Luke for me and for us, and one of the ultimate goals is being able to transfer so we don't have to use a lifter to get me from chair to bed etc.

Luke is going well but the antibiotics are knocking him about a bit so he's finding it hard to stay awake after each dose (at 6am, midday, 6pm and midnight). The wound is beginning to look a bit better though so here's hoping that infection is going away!


Yes, in the background is a washing machine which I will be learning how to use again if Luke has anything to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment