Sunday 26 January 2014

Day 26

January 26th. Happy Australia Day! Today in Pinnaroo, as happens every year, there was the breakfast and Citizen of the Year ceremony. It was extra special this year because my mum was awarded Citizen of the Year! It's been a long time coming,  Mum has done so much for the community including ambulance, the netball club, the primary school, and so much more! Unfortunately only one of us 3 girls could get there,  Joanna is still in France and obviously I'm not quite up to it yet but Kylie was able to be there representing us, and Mum got the biggest shock seeing her there!

As planned Mum and Dad came to Adelaide once the excitement was over to watch the women's basketball today, and Kylie too. My cousin Laura plays for the Lighting and was amazing in organising us to sit courtside to watch the game. Laura has come in to see me a few times and has pampered me by doing my nails each time! It was a good game, unfortunately they lost by a couple points but it was close.

I went out in the manual chair which felt good but was tiring, same with Luke going with just his walking stick, so we came back to Hampstead and had a big rest.

Check back tomorrow for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment