Thursday 2 January 2014

Day 2

January 2nd. Wow. Did not expect that much of a response to my little blog! Over 300 views in 5 hours last night... not sure how accurate Blogger's stats are and how many are legit views, but... wow! Let's start this post with 2 things - firstly, thank you for your support. It is overwhelming! And secondly, I want you all to know, I can't claim credit for starting this. In the taxi back from Henley Beach yesterday Luke said, 'you know, you should start that photo a day thing again...', and that's why I love him!

We had a great day out yesterday, lunch at Caffè Primo and a walk to Henley Square (yes, we still call it a walk!). The beach looked so inviting even if it was a bit overcast and muggy. Today was so cold compared to the last few days! All rugged up I had a normal day of therapies. My day usually looks like this:
7:30 am - get woken up and begin the 'morning routine'
9:00 am - finally finished getting ready and go say good morning to Luke
10:00 am - go to gym session (weights and arm exercises)
11:30 am - occupational therapy (OT) session
12:30 pm - time to see what crappy food is for lunch!
1:30 pm - physio session,  this is usually my favourite therapy
2:30 pm - finished therapies for the day! If Luke's not busy we hang out and pass the time!
5:30 pm - "tea" time.  I say it like that because a) 5:30pm is afternoon tea time and b) you'd be like that too if you saw some of the stuff they serve up as food!
7:30 pm - sometime around this time I get into bed

But today in physio I put my shoes on! I've done it once before, this time was a little less shaky than the first time though. *edit: after uploading the link to Facebook I notice my left shoe isn't on properly.. it was on before I took the photo!

The other photo is Luke with our friend Ashton. Ashton and his mum, Tam, have been great to us! Tam is like another mother to us now! Ashton has taken up wearing a onesie around Hampstead lately, he surprised us as a pink unicorn before Christmas, and was a giraffe today!

2 comments:

  1. As a nurse I sometimes wish we didn't have to stick to such strict routines and times with our care. Tea at 530pm is just wrong!!! Unless of course you're 90 years old and ready for bed at 7pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Thanks for your comment :) luckily I can sleep in on the weekends but the routines are easier and harder in different ways... you know where you have to be and what to expect, but it can be monotonous!

      Delete