Thursday 23 January 2014

Day 23

January 23rd. Another massive day! Was up early for hydrotherapy,  which was great! I was a little scared of getting back in the pool but as soon as I was in I had no idea what I was worried about! I started off with some sculling on my back then had Megan zig zag me down the pool and I tried somewhat successfully to keep my body straight, showing I've got some ab muscles going on! Next I was just going to sit up in the pool, and I ended up standing up!! It was a great feeling to stand up straight with just the water and a couple hands supporting me. I did a bit of moving my legs in the water too. My session was over before I knew it.

I went back to bed until lunch as it was pretty exhausting in the pool, and Luke came in to have lunch with me again. After lunch I went to physio and ended up having another go on the FES bike.  We upped the current a little bit because I could bear the sensation, and is more beneficial as it provides a stronger contraction. I did my best to do intervals of actively pushing and pulling my legs with the cycling motion and managed to do it for 20 or so seconds every minute or two. Today I did 2.51 miles but had to cut it short because I had to go for an xray.

This afternoon Luke and I had a meeting with most of my therapists and team members about planning for overnight leave. It won't be happening straight away, but it's to get everything in place for when I am ready. After that finished Luke and I went home for a few hours, I think I call it home for now! It was really good to just relax and spend some time together. After another big day I'm very ready for a big sleep!

I'm cheating and using an old photo for today, I wasn't able to get a photo in the pool today as Luke wasn't there! This is from the first time I went in the pool with my old physio Gurpreet, she was great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment