Monday 20 January 2014

Day 20

January 20th. We had another day out today in the end! Both Luke and I had appointments at the RAH, mine was a 4 month check up with my spinal surgeon. That's right,  4 months yesterday. It didn't even click when I wrote the date last night, it was overtaken by the news of my left leg moving! We thought we would be waiting hours with how many people were there but it was 'only' a 45 minute wait. All is going well, they're looking to do a repeat MRI to see how the swelling is going. Luke came into my appointment and was called out to go to his so it was all around pretty timely! Luke's appointment was almost pointless, they were confused as to why he was back after 2 weeks not 6!

We stayed and had lunch in the city, it was very busy in Rundle Mall but it was great to get out again. By the time we got back my therapies were past but I went down to physio and spent 15 minutes on the arm cycle and cycled 3km. Later this afternoon we made a quick trip to our new home to take a few of Luke's things so he doesn't have to take as much tomorrow because yes, he is discharged tomorrow! It's a little sad but exciting that we are moving onto the next phase. He'll be here every day anyway! I'm all set for a good week ahead, a new phase with a new motivation.

Here are some of Luke's packed bags! :-) / :-(


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous news Luke!! I miss seeing you guys xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't be long and you will both be in the unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've missed just a few entries. Was sick as dog last week, so didn't do much reading. Much better now, so I can catch up :-)

    ReplyDelete