Monday 27 January 2014

Day 27

January 27th. Short post but packed with good news! Public holiday today (unfortunately) means no therapies. It did mean I got to have lunch with my parents, grandparents and Kylie and Kale. It was a belated celebration for mum, hence the cake! After lunch Mum and Dad helped me sort out my room and I played around with my legs a bit. I was in the electric wheelchair so taking the foot plates out to the side my legs dangle and I can move them... turns out I can move my left one heaps! My right leg I can kick out from the knee with relative ease til it's almost straight, and now I can do the same thing with my left leg! It's not as strong and can't last as long as the right but it still does it!

It must be the day for my left side today, you'll never guess what's moving now... MY LEFT THUMB!! I was talking to Patricia, and she asked about my left little finger. Just to check, I tried my other fingers and got to my thumb and it flickered! I made Patricia watch intently that it was only my thumb not my wrist making it move, and sure enough it was moving! I even double checked when I was on the phone to my parents letting them know and I apologise again for swearing (!) because it moved even more! It's only a tiny bit but who knows what it has started!


3 comments:

  1. WOW indeed!!! hallelujah!!!
    We were so amazed to see how much movement she had in her legs that we didn't think about seeing her fingers!! That is such wonderful news.
    With so many prayers we should not expect anything less but please continue praying for Elise & Luke.

    Thank you to everyone that is taking the time to read Elise's blog & support them with your comments, thoughts & prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. Its coming back. Bring on the knitting, the piano & other finger exercises.

    ReplyDelete