Friday 24 January 2014

Day 24

January 24th. I've learnt that chocolate does solve everything! Started off this morning with a neuro psychology test just to check out my working memory and if my brain still works. Passed with flying colours as far as I know! That took a few hours so I missed gym but made it in time for OT. Tried out the 4WD chair today,  went across the grass to start with then bumped my way over some rocks in the mobility garden. The chair had a cool scissor lift function that made the seat go way up into the sky!

Over lunch I just felt a bit down for no real reason. I was going to head down to physio super early because I was at a loss for something to do,  and happened to run into Patricia. I said I was feeling a bit down so she asked if I would like a piece of chocolate. Well I can't say no to chocolate! Turns out Patricia's stash had disappeared, she blamed her grandson David! So we went to the kiosk and Patricia bought a block of chocolate, which we started as soon as Patricia went back in and asked the volunteer to open it for us! Just the kindness Patricia showed me was enough to make me smile, and she was satisfied when she saw one! We made our way to physio, only a couple minutes late! My session started with going from sitting on the edge of the plinth to lying and I only needed a tiny bit of help getting my ankle on the bed. Next I rolled, all by myself, without my legs being crossed! I used what leg movement I do have to help me roll by bringing my knee over. Then I got from lying on my side up onto my elbow to sit up for the first and second time!  I used the trick Luke told me, rather than getting straight up on my side, to go more on my belly and use both arms to push up, and it worked! I had a really great session full of achievements, and at times I could see Patricia on the bars doing an amazing job of walking after having a few bad days herself. She sent one of her physios over to tell me the chocolate must have worked, and I somewhat yelled to her, absolutely it did! Luke was there waiting as I finished and I excitedly told him my achievements for the day. I must apologise to Patricia as I skipped out on my knitting lesson today as Luke and I made a last minute decision to come home for a few hours! Luke cooked me up some honey soy chicken wings for dinner!

Here's the chair in full scissor lift function




No comments:

Post a Comment