Tuesday 28 January 2014

Day 28

January 28th. Another big day! I headed in to the Royal Adelaide Hospital this morning for a bone scan on my legs. A week ago I was having a bit of pain on my left thigh (opposite leg to the broken femur!) so the docs sent me just to check that there wasn't any bone growing that shouldn't be. I went in for the first scan at 11am-ish but had to wait 2 hours for the second lot of delayed scans. I had a lovely volunteer come in with me, and Luke came in to have lunch with me. We went back for the next round of scans which all went smoothly. It was a long day out, we didn't get back til just after 3pm, and Luke came back with us.

I wanted to feel like I actually did something today seeing as I missed all my therapies, so I went to physio at 3:30pm because on Tuesday and Thursday they hold 'circuit' or an open time slot where you can do a bit of extra physio work. I started off with a few stretches after Megan got me on the plinth (bed thing) and then I did a few rolls and sitting up/lying down. Then all of a sudden Megan brought a big contraption over... I know what that is... it's the standing frame! Luke was hanging around Hampstead waiting for me to finish but I gave him a quick call because this was another first he could see! By the time he walked in, there I was... standing! I was surprised at how well my blood pressure held up/that I didn't get dizzy or faint, especially seeing as I didn't have my abdominal binder on which usually helps. I got to give Luke a hug standing up for the first time in 4 and a bit months which was amazing, even though there was part of the frame between us! It felt so good standing up... I'd forgotten how tall I was!! (The frame adds an inch or two though!)


1 comment:

  1. I could do with a couple of extra inches - maybe I could borrow the frame. Its a whole new world when you are upright. Keep it up Elise.

    ReplyDelete