Thursday 30 January 2014

Day 30

January 30th. I was up early again to go on the FES bike and this time rode 3.78 miles! Then it was off to gym for a part-workout, I did heavier 'heavy' weights today, I remember it was 30kg for the push outs and pull backs, and I did the lat pull downs as well. In my normal OT timeslot I had a combined session with physio - bed mobility (physio) and dressing (OT). Which essentially means I rolled and moved my legs and flailed around on a plinth until I got a pair of pants on! Didn't help I got handed the wrong leg of the pants so by the time I had them half on I couldn't be bothered changing it! Met up with Luke for lunch and then had the first meeting with a carer agency, the first step towards eventual overnight leave.

Once the meeting was over it was time for physio circuit. I went and got in the standing frame again! I lasted about half an hour standing, and managed to play a game of Wii bowling against Megan while I was up. I lost by a mile... she did have a slight advantage being all able-bodied though!

In bed early tonight, my brain was too busy ticking over last night to get much sleep! And just so you know I was wearing shorts in the standing frame! Megan referenced Hamish and Andy wisdom in saying it looks like I'm doing 'pants-off Friday' but as my socks clearly show it's only Thursday!





1 comment:

  1. Just reading about the amount of exercise that you are doing makes me feel exhausted1

    ReplyDelete