Monday 13 January 2014

Day 13

January 13th. Wow today was hot! I'm assuming it reached just over 40 degrees,  I couldn't tell you exactly because I never watch the news! Back to a busy day today, up early and off to gym after calling past Luke to say good morning, we got outside for a few minutes while the weather was nice and not too hot. This morning in gym was a 'heavy' morning, I'm switching between doing heavy weights/low reps and mild weights/high reps. My workout includes 3 machine exercises (pull backs/push outs/lat pull downs) and 4 exercises with weights strapped around my wrists.

In OT we just played a couple games to get my hands working, a peg game and Scrabble. We weren't scoring but I definitely won with my 'Z' on a double letter score!

Before physio started I arranged with Patricia that we would turn up early so I could do another row! I dropped the stitches a few times but managed to pick them up with a little help from experienced hands! I had a bit of a workout in physio today, was puffing a bit! The photo for today is me on the hand cycle machine. It doubles as a automatic bike (if thats the right word... it does the pedaling for you) but my legs werent doing anything today, they were just strapped in for comfort. I was hand-cycling for 15 minutes and 'travelled' 3.3km! We are planning to set up a regular time each day soon so I can go down and do it out of my physio time.


2 comments:

  1. Great work Elise. 42 degrees and more of the same for the rest of the week. Time for some pool work I think. Keep cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What word did you use to get your double z score?

    ReplyDelete