Tuesday 21 January 2014

Day 21

January 21st. D-day today! Luke was discharged this morning! And no I didn't cry! We finished packing his stuff this morning, then I went to gym and did almost a full workout. Once I'd finished there I came back and saw Luke off in a taxi with all his stuff and he went to settle in and also did a bit of a grocery shop. In OT today I got in my manual chair thinking I'd just go in it for the hour, so I went for a big push around outside and up a few ramps. I decided to stay in it until physio to save a transfer but I ended up staying in it all day! Had a great physio session as well, my normal physio person wasn't here today so I had Michelle, I like her! I started off doing leg exercises for the first time now that my leg is moving enough, the right leg did really well and there was a tiny bit in the left but not a lot. Next up we did rolling, pretty self explanatory but it's where I start on my back and swing my arms and use the momentum to roll onto my side. I've done one or two rolls to the right by myself, but today I did 5 rolls each side all by myself! At this stage I have a leg crossed over to help me out so the next step is crossing it myself or doing without! After physio I had a cruisy afternoon, and just before dinner I went to see Patricia. She was in bed exhausted after being home for the day. She had my knitting sitting on her chair and I managed to pick it up to do the next row! I didn't just do one row though,  I did two! I'd almost call it exhilarating, the excitement both Patricia and I have when I finish a row would make you smile from ear to ear. At 6pm I caught a taxi to the unit where Luke cooked me a beautiful chicken parmi for dinner! I spent a few hours just relaxing with him before coming back to Hampstead. Now it's time for a well deserved rest after pushing around all day! Good night!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are both doing so well!! That Parma looks delicious Luke! We might have to come for a dinner party when I'm back ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise and Luke.... What can I say, but you two are such amazing people! Your attitude has been truly inspiring! Keep up all the good work! And most importantly don't ever lose that infectious smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to hearing when both of you are in the unit. You really are progressing very quickly. x

    ReplyDelete