Wednesday 22 January 2014

Day 22

January 22nd. Another big day today! Started getting ready at normal time of 7:30 but was at a bit of a loss of what to do for the free half hour I would've had so I went back to bed for it!  Got up and went to physio to get on the FES bike again, I did 3.06 miles today. After that it was straight to gym,  where I did my machine weights at a new weight - 25kg for the pull back and push outs and 19kg for the lat pull down. I didn't have to find anything to do for the next free half hour I had because I had a quick visit from Uncle Bruce, Trish and the kids and Beki. It was great... They brought me chocolate as requested! Ended up resting over lunch as I was feeling a bit worse for wear after a big morning and day before, and Luke came in towards the end of lunch to join me and then waited for me while I did physio.

Physio was again a great session, I did a few more rolls by myself, and did my leg exercises again... and there was so much movement in my left leg! I am able to lift my heel off the bed with a foam roll under my knee which was even a lot more than yesterday! I left physio on a high.

Spent a bit more time with Luke before he headed home for a rest. I had a lovely visit from Joan and Graham, and they brought us Boost Juice so it was lucky they came just before Luke left! After that I caught up with Patricia for my knitting lesson! I was ambitious today and did a whole 3 rows!! We were both clapping at the end, it might not sound much but it was a big feat! Now that I've had dinner I'm just outside catching the last few rays of sunshine before I head to bed. Tomorrow I am going into the pool for hydrotherapy for the second time!

The bad thing about knitting,  aside from dropping stitches is dropping the ball of wool and needing a nurse to pick it up!


1 comment:

  1. I see my scarf is coming along nicely. Pity it is the wrong colour. The knitting is so even. You are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete