Wednesday 15 January 2014

Day 15

January 15th. Had a better day today! Stayed in bed a while longer this morning so missed gym but was in time for OT. I practiced make up today! My OT Kate has been excited since the start about doing make up with me because she's never had a young woman as a patient before! Started off with the BB cream my Auntie Kaye gave me when she gave me a foot pamper. Used a combination of back of the hand/thumb and a couple fingertips,  especially around the eyes. Then came eyeliner! Holding the pencil between my first and second fingers like I do now when I write, I managed to draw a pretty straight line over the top eyelid and even lined the inside of my bottom eyelids. Next was the eyeshadow. I used my 'tea pinky', my little finger that constantly pokes up like I'm having high tea! I tried to be tricky and use a light shade on the inside, a medium shade in the middle and a darker shade on the outside...but they were all neutral browns so you can't see it that well, and I didn't get much on there. At least I managed not to poke myself in the eye!

Physio I took pretty easy because of the heat and not feeling well, so mainly got my leg stretches. My right leg is getting stronger and stronger, I can hold my ankle up, and now I can not only kick out a bit, which means I've got quad muscles, but I can kick it back a tiny bit too which means hamstrings! I'm trying not to get over excited but this may well mean I could at least have a usable leg to assist with transferring and (sshhhh...) could lead to standing on one leg and one day walking... but that's still a long way off.

This afternoon we braved the heat and Luke and I looked at the house we are planning to move into after leaving Hampstead,  and for Luke that's on Tuesday! It is fully accessible for me to eventually have overnight leave. It's the perfect transition house for us.


6 comments:

  1. A nice home to go to every once in a while will certainly be a nice getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job chicky...at least you can drink tea with the queen now. X
    Jodie. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new place sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you! Can't wait to hear more . X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good Elise. Good news also about the house. Trevor

    ReplyDelete