Sunday 23 February 2014

Days 48 - 54

February 17th - 23rd. Sorry for the lack of updates this week, its been a busy but quiet week if that makes sense! I've still got my daily routine of FES bike or hydrotherapy first up, then straight to gym, then to OT, then lunch, then physio and some days circuit or other extra physio at the end of it all. This week there just hasn't been any major achievements or big steps or new 'firsts'. Hydro included a bit more attempting to walk, which my right leg seems to be slowly getting better at, but the left is a bit moody. In physio I have been mainly working on transfers from the chair. It's slowly getting better but I still have a lot of strength to build up and need to find that perfect balance point.

The most exciting news this week was on Monday when Luke went to his orthopedic check up for his foot and the doctor was amazed by the xrays showing his foot had fully healed! It still causes Luke pain but it's now about getting used to walking with a fused foot that doesn't have the natural bend in the middle of the foot.

Last night Luke and I went out for dinner to the Excelsior hotel with my parents, and I had the most tender steak, it was beautiful! My sister, Kylie, and Kale joined us for a drink after dinner.

From now on I'll be doing a weekly update, likely on Sunday, unless there's something worthy of posting straight away!

No comments:

Post a Comment