Wednesday 19 March 2014

Happy(...???) 6 months to us!

Hi all! I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the earth the last 3 and a half weeks... I apologise to everyone that has constantly looked for updates that never appear. I will elaborate in another post in the next day or two but I thought as today is a fairly significant date, I should at least let you all know we're alive still!! It's been a busy but quiet (make sense of that!), emotional few weeks, with more downs than ups, but as I said I will elaborate in another post.

Today is 6 months since "that day", the day that turned our world upside down. You know car accidents happen. You know that people smash (not just simply break) bones. You know people end up paralyzed by different means. You just never think it's going to happen to you. It's gone quickly in some respects but for the most part it's been a long, hard, emotional 6 months for Luke and I, but also our family and friends. All I know is I am glad, and very lucky, to be alive and to have a man by my side who loves me unconditionally. Having a partner in a wheelchair, most people would say how hard it must be... Luke says I'm the same,  just sitting down (but usually he says it in the words, just that I'm 'lazy'!). I also know how glad and lucky we are to have amazing family and friends that have supported us the whole way.

Luke and I are heading out for dinner and a movie so that's all I'll say for tonight but I promise it won't be as long until the next post!

Here's a photo from 3 weeks ago when we had dinner with my parents... And surprised them by me turning up beside Luke in his ute, with the wheelchair strapped to the back!!




.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elise and Luke, great to hear from you and keep those smiles coming.
    Your posts are quite inspirational.
    Love hugs and kisses
    Trevor and Kathy xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Elise.... So missed your infectious smiles over the past month. I think we've said it all before but going to say it again.... You are an inspiration! You're mum and dad must be so proud of you and Luke.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the updates again, all the Best with the news in the future. GM & GD

    ReplyDelete