Monday 3 February 2014

Day 34

February 3rd. Good day today for the most part! Started this morning on the bike again, this time I went 3.86 miles! Hopefully I'll break 4 miles soon! After that I went to gym like usual and had a full session but struggled just a little. Made it through OT doing a little push in the rugby chair again but my shoulder played up a little and again struggled feeling a little off... and when I got back to the ward I discovered why. My blood pressure was about 85/40... which is very very low for me! For lunch I finished off the left over fettuccine from last night which still tasted beautiful. That seemed to do the trick and I was feeling a bit better by the time lunch was over. I headed to physio and attempted to work on transfers but didn't get too far as I had to cut my session in half because I had to get back on the bed for my first catheter change since I got the supra pubic catheter (SPC) put in 6 weeks ago. An SPC, rather than going in the normal 'hole', is a surgically inserted tube into the bladder from the 'top' just above the pubic bone. There are a few advantages like less risk of infection. So my appointment was supposed to be at 2:30pm... but on my way to my room at 2pm I crossed paths with another patient who said he had an appointment at 2pm and the doctor wasn't even here yet! So I gave the nurses my number and said call me when he's near, because Luke had just got in and I was going to sit outside with him not wait in bed being bored! Luke left not long after to do a few errands then at 3:30pm I got the call saying to come in! Then a few minutes before 4pm the doctor finally showed up. Why do doctors, especially this one who is known for running late, make appointments for unrealistic times? After all that the change went well and I didn't even feel much like I was scared of.

This afternoon a wonderful girl called Elise... not me, silly, my friend!... came in to visit me and I got to meet her boyfriend Will too! Even though we haven't seen each other for at least a year (me changing my number and Facebook didn't help!) we managed to pass by almost 3 hours chatting away! Elise was amazing and asked if I wanted anything, and so all I asked for was a box of water seeing as I finished mine over the hot weekend,  but she brought in some Maltesers, caramel Tim Tams and a magazine! It was so great to see her and Will. I'm horrible at remembering to get photos so today you get a photo of my massive bag of Fruchocs that I got from my Uncle Bruce and Trish ages ago! I went to the nurses station and loudly asked if anyone was free to open my massive bag of Fruchocs and got a few quick responses! I offered them around to the nurses but don't worry Dad, there's still plenty left!


2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know that we do care & that your blog is being read!

    ReplyDelete