Wednesday 10 December 2014

I'm still alive.. and kicking a little bit!

Hello to everyone who still goes to the effort of checking for a new post on here!! We have had a couple of amazing months full of highs,  lows and everything in between! Last I left off on was my birthday party, it was a wonderful night and here are a few photos so you can see how amazing everyone looked.

We have been keeping as busy as ever, with regular physio and hydrotherapy sessions for me, my leg muscles are a tiny bit stronger which mostly helps to wriggle around in bed a little bit! (But this is not near enough to take my body weight to stand or to walk). Luke has endured a whole array of medical appointments lately! He had surgery on his left ankle on October 22nd to remove a piece of bone that had detached after what would have been a simple ankle roll for anyone else. That went as well as could be expected, we had a really great doctor that took Luke on. Pain is still immense for Luke but we are in the process of trialing a few different approaches and will wait to see how effective they are.

The one year mark passed by and as a milestone of how far I've come, I completed the City to Bay on September 21st with my family. My sister Joanna cheered us on as she had a knee reconstruction not long before and Luke would have joined in if he wasn't nursing a fractured ankle, although he almost did 3km himself from the car and back to pick us up! I completed the 3km with Mum while Dad, Kylie and Kale all completed the 12km course. I was very proud to have pushed the whole way by myself with Mum helping for a moment when I needed a drink.. You can't push and drink like you can walk and drink!

In October our story was printed in Take5 magazine, written from my perspective. It was wonderful to tell my story from the beginning right through to how far we have both come.

The last two months I have been regularly making a mess (more than usual!) and getting paint everywhere! I have been occupying myself with painting and started a Facebook page, visit www.facebook.com/UnLimitedFunction , even if you don't have Facebook yourself you will still be able to see the page and the photos! It is lots of fun and I have even sold a few. I am so excited to be going home to Pinnaroo for the first time this Friday 12th Dec to take part in a local arts and crafts display and have my first 'exhibition'! I have been painting all day for the last couple weeks! If you are in our near Pinnaroo that day it would be lovely to see you! Or if you are interested in any pieces feel free to contact me! If you have something in mind I can paint something specific to your request as well.

Keep scrolling for a torrent of photos from my birthday, painting, and a few others slipped in there!




























1 comment:

  1. Great to hear things are going so well. HEAPS of luck at your exhibition! I wish we could be there. Hopefully your Mum will send me some pictures :D

    ReplyDelete