Tuesday 24 February 2015

A massive update!!!!

Where is the year going already?! So much has happened in the last couple of months, it has just been so busy! Although extremely belated - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! I have so much to tell you about - my art, our family, our progress and the event the amazing community of Pinnaroo is putting together for Luke and I!

I will start off with two bits of current news and then fill you in on the happenings of the last couple months with a couple of photos at the end!

The support of the community has been overwhelming, from Pinnaroo and further, in organising the "Pinnaroo Fun Run, Walk and Roll" fundraiser for Luke and I. On March 29th, the wonderful committee will be holding a fun run including a raffle and family entertainment. The support has been incredible, with countless businesses and individuals donating time, money and so much more. It will be amazing to share with you this day and thank you all for the love and support over the last 18 months. To find out more visit http://www.pinnaroofunrunwalkandroll.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/events/696296087074349 , register at https://regonline.activeeurope.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1634792 . Contact the committee at pinnaroofunrunwalkandroll@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to make a donation.

My art, also known as UnLimited Function Art, has been a wonderful hobby, escape and business in the last couple of months! Starting off with my visit to Pinnaroo I have been keeping very busy - painting original pieces and commissions as well as building the business side with a web page and business cards! Check out http://www.unlimitedfunctionart.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/UnLimitedFunction . I love working on pieces specifically for you with an idea you have. You can see most of my paintings on the website and I've included a couple below!



I last left off just before my first visit home to Pinnaroo, which went really well! Luke and I felt like the drive from Adelaide flew by. It was so great to be back in my home town and to see all of the wonderful people from the community that has shown so much love and support over the last year. It was great to share my art and have people purchase and commission new pieces as well!

My favourite part of the day was when the Year 2/3 class came for a walk from the school to come visit us. It was amazing to see the kids I taught swimming roughly 2 years earlier remember how "Miss Elise made me put my head under the water" and "Miss Elise made me blow really loud bubbles". It was these kids that came up with the idea all on their own that they would donate the money they raised selling ice blocks at recess to us. It was the last day of the school term so after the kids made their way back to school I decided Mum and I would go to the school so I could thank them all in person! 

It was such a great day we decided to go back again the next week! I finished a few new paintings and I got to catch up with a few people I missed the week before. Luke and I stayed to watch the Pinnaroo Christmas Pageant. It was an amazing day, topped off by an impromptu decision to make it all the way home to the farm before heading back to Adelaide. I was fine on the highway but as soon as we turned on to Summerton Rd it really hit me... and the tears began! It felt like the biggest reward, to finally make it home. After a couple hours with my parents, Luke and I enjoying rain water and mum's chocolate cake, we headed back to Adelaide.

Only a few days later we were back in Pinnaroo for Christmas! We had a wonderful pre-Christmas surprise when Kale proposed to my sister Kylie! We celebrated both Christmas and the 100 year anniversary of the Summerton family in Pinnaroo with all of Grandma and Grandad's children and grandchildren together. It was the first time in 17 years my grandparents had all their family together at home!

After a wonderful week at home, Luke and I had a quiet New Years in Adelaide. January was full - mostly of appointments now everyone was back from Christmas break. I was fitted for an ankle brace to help stabilise my foot when I am in my standing frame. Luke has been having dental work done and only last week Luke finally had one of two surgeries we are expecting early this year. On the 19th of Feb, Luke had his sinuses opened up and cleared out as they had already been crushed by the crash but had also developed little growths that were blocking up the passageways. He is expecting to have a major surgery in early April to remove and adjust some of the metalwork in his face as well as a few other little things.

I hope you have had a great couple of months and can't wait to share the next action packed few weeks with you :-)












1 comment: