Tuesday 4 February 2014

Day 35

February 4th. Big day as always, not too busy just exhausting. It started in the pool with hydrotherapy. I did a bit of backstroke arms, moving my legs and then some standing up and doing a bit more with my legs. The most exciting bit was when I did a few tiny steps forward and backward with one foot at a time. It was only little but it happened! The session wore me out but after a shower I still headed to gym and did a light-weights workout. I had a quick rest before lunch, for which I had my reheated Twister that Luke brought in last night! A bit more of a rest after lunch because my physio was going to be just the circuit time slot and at 2:30pm I quickly caught up with Patricia and did a row of knitting.  Turns out Patricia has an 'Elise's knitting record' complete with stickers! I feel so special!

This afternoon we had another carer agency meeting which went well, now just to decide between the two. I talked to Vicky and Neil, the 'Peer Support Advocates' for Paraquad at Hampstead for about an hour afterwards, Vicky came into the meeting with us. They're both paraplegic so I spent a while talking to them about carers and just things about life in a wheelchair. After tea I talked to Patricia for a while more then jumped into bed so I could watch The Block! Luke came around again to say good night and settle my legs comfortably.


1 comment: